The Saskatchewan Health Authority is closing the in-hospital collection site at the Lloydminster Hospital effective March 23.
They say due to the ongoing escalation of COVID-19, collection sites across the province will be closing to ensure staff and resources are being prioritized effectively.
Patients can still access community collection sites with Lloydminster residents being directed to the Dynacare Kasper Medical Labs on 4615 49 Avenue.
Collection sites in the following hospitals are also closing as of March 23:
- Battleford Union Hospital, North Battleford
- General Hospital, Regina
- Pasqua Hospital, Regina
- Wascana Rehab Centre, Regina
- Royal University Hospital, Saskatoon
- St. Paul’s Hospital, Saskatoon
- Victoria Hospital, Prince Albert
- F.H. Wigmore Hospital, Moose Jaw
The following community collection sites will be available for patients:
- Patients in North Battleford will be directed to the Frontier Mall
- Patients in Regina and Saskatoon are being directed to a LifeLabs location
- Patients in Prince Albert are being directed to the South Hill Mall
- Patients in Moose Jaw are being directed to the Crescent View Clinic
The SHA notes that visitor restrictions does not apply to patients picking up their blood products for home therapy. They recommend orders be placed and picked up when patients have four weeks of inventory on hand. If patients are feeling unwell, they must send someone else to pick up their products and that person must have the patient’s Saskatchewan health care number.
All other SHA laboratories will remain open, unless otherwise communicated.