A fire at a condo building on 18 street is considered a “cooking related incident”. On June 6, the Lloydminster Fire Department received calls of smoke and fire from the building around 6 p.m. The fire department responded quickly to the building near Servus Sports Centre. Members of the fire department found the incident concentrated to a single unit.

Fire crews were quickly able to contain the fire and it appears to be cooking related. Only minor damage was reported, and no injuries happened due to the incident. Residents of the building were able to return to their homes.