â–º Listen Live

HomeNewsLakeland College says "Leading. Learning. The Lakeland Campaign" most successful in College's...

Lakeland College says “Leading. Learning. The Lakeland Campaign” most successful in College’s History

Lakeland College says a fundraising campaign “Leading. Learning. The Lakeland Campaign.” is shaping up to be the largest in their history.

The school announced that the initiative, begun in 2016, saw donors give over $12 million already. This was through 1,096 donors giving 2,967 gifts, as of the end of April. The fundraiser set out to bring in money for three goals, expanding student success, empowering the next leaders in agriculture, and growing results-oriented research.

Mike Kotelko, an alum of 1982, was the chair of the campaign and he says this will now allow students more opportunities and services while learning in modern spaces and using the most up to date technology.

The goal was beaten thanks to donations from alumni, students, community members and
Lakeland employees, among others. The school also says they’re thankful for businesses, organizations and sponsors who helped support the Rustlers Golf Tournament, President’s Gala and Feast on the Farm.

Dr Alice Wainwright-Stewart, the college’s president and CEO, also noted they’re grateful to everyone who has contributed to the campaign to help students thrive and become confident, collaborative graduates.

People who still want to make a donation to this campaign, ending on June 31st, are encouraged to find details on the Lakeland College website.