Listen Live

HomeNewsLloydminster students have opportunity to be police chief or fire chief for...

Lloydminster students have opportunity to be police chief or fire chief for a day

The Lloydminster Fire Department and the Lloydminster RCMP are inviting students to submit an entry to the “Chief for a Day” contest.

Elementary students in grades 4, 5, and 6, can apply to be either the Fire Chief for the day, or the Police chief.

“As a lead-up to Emergency Preparedness Week 2016, we want to engage students on the importance of emergency preparedness,” said Anne Danielson, Emergency Management Coordinator.

“Fire Chief Jordan Newton and Inspector Suki Manj are looking forward to having one lucky student share their duties for the day.”

To be the Fire Chief students must submit a short written report, video, or other creative entry about how to be fire safe at home and how your family practice fire safety. To be Police Chief for the day, the submission has to be about the importance of online safety and how the student and their family stay safe while online.

The deadline for entries 5 p.m. Thursday, March 24th. Applications are to be submitted by email to Charlene Robinson, Community Services at [email protected]